Monday 16 July 2012

From Russia with Love ... from Charlotte Olympia




Everyone from Keira Knightly to Sarah Jessica Parker adore British shoe-designer Charlotte Olympia Dellal and my Little Russian Heart skipped a beat when I saw these cheeky pieces from her Pre-Fall 2012 Collection ...
'Baboushka' Bag £375.00
Charlotte is Notorious for her playful accents, whimsical and at times, even slightly surreal aesthetics, and the inclusion of Russian imagery in her collection adds a Delightfully Quirky Charm. 
'Ava' Shoe £515.00
The traditional Russian nesting doll, called a Matryoshka, consists of a set of wooden dolls of decreasing size, placed inside one another.


These 'Anastasia' Sandals are just too Adorable! ♥
As adorable as Matryoshka Dolls can be (I’ve seen them in practically every theme imaginable, believe me on that one), it has never crossed my mind that one could form the foundation of a Clutch Bag, until I saw the one below:
'Pandora Matryoshka' Bag £575.00
So why Russia? The designer was inspired by her popularity among Russian shoppers and I'm guessing this is her way of saying Thank-you.

1 comment: