Saturday 17 December 2011

Livin' La Vida 'Mocha'



I don't know about you, but I need my morning dose of caffeine. I'm not talking about instant out of a jar coffee that tastes like brown crayon and hot water (okay, although not all instant coffee is insipid, there is something more delicious about having coffee come out of a machine). Below is a little secret to how I start my mornings: ...


I am a huge fan of Nespresso's Little Devices (and their choice of coffees) and I must admit that my mornings would be dull without my Red Le Cube!




Nespresso Le Cube ♥
 The biggest threat to my mornings is: 


Trying to make a good cup of coffee without having any coffee to begin with 


Nespresso understands this: All I need to do is switch the machine on, ±20seconds later insert a cartridge of my choice and press a button ... Voilà! I have even managed to mastered this technique at 5:30 a.m.


I usually drink my Nespresso Coffees à la Café au Lait (aka Caffè Latte or Coffee with Hot Milk with a 1:1 ratio of coffee to milk) but I enjoy a good Espresso as well, especially on those 'I-don't-wanna-get-out-of-bed' Mornings (Arpeggio and Kazaar, in my opinion, make the best Espressos). I don't sweeten my Nespresso coffees (as I love to experience the taste), but every now and then I add a dollop of honey for variety.





Every year the Nespresso Team brings out Limited Edition Capsules called 'Variations'.
Vanilla, Cherry and Dark Chocolate are the Variations for 2011
My favourite Nespresso capsules are:
  • Arpeggio (purple): The best capsule if you like a latte (or an espresso, in my opinion). A Mediterranean Blend par excellence with a strong character, intense body and long exquisite aftertaste. This Highly Roasted Blend is made from the finest Southern and Central American Arabicas. It's hint of Cocoa and its thick crema remains to the last drop. Strength: 9
  • Rosabaya de Colombia (Pink): On a soft base, the blend of columbian Arabicas deploys typical notes of Red Fruit Jam and Echoes Winey Flavours. Grown on small Columbian Plantations, the coffee is handpicked and prepared using the wed method. Separate roasting accentuates the fruity notes and acidity whilst bringing body to the coffee. Strength: 6
  • Kazaar (Navy): Limited edition, but it's coming back at the beginning of January 2012 (I Can't Wait! Hopefully this little capsules becomes a part of the 'Grand Cru' family) Intensity in it's pure state. An audacious blend of 2 Robustas specially prepared for Nespresso and an Arabica from South and Central America, separately roasted, Kazaar is a coffee of exceptional intensity. Its powerful bitterness and notes of Pepper are balanced by a full and creamy texture. Strength: 12
  • Vanilla (Cream with stripes): Variations 2011. A delicate Harmony capturing the roundness of 'Livanto' Grand Cru and the velvety taste of vanilla. A smooth blend distinguished by light Floral Notes. Strength: 6
  • Decaffeinato Intenso (Red): For those evening when you want a good cup of coffee without the caffeine this one doesn't compromise the taste. Highly Roasted with subtle hints of Cacao and Cereal, together with an intense body, this decaffeinated  variety has all the features of a typically strong espresso. The strong roasting of Latin American Arabicas and a touch of Robusta gives this coffee a rich and intense taste. Strength: 7

Life is too short for bad coffee!

My favourite Nespresso Advert of all time:




No comments:

Post a Comment