Are you looking for an easy, chic hairstyle? Well this one will work on just about anybody! ...
The top knot is most definitely one of my favorites so far. It is easy to create, and as long as your hair is shoulder length or longer, it will undoubtedly add an element of elegance to your look, day or night.
1. Start by pulling your hair into a slicked back, high ponytail.
2. If you have fine hair split your pontail into three or four parts and tease it gently at the base just to get a little extra volume. Then pull all the hair back together into one messy looking ponytail. If you have naturally thick and wavy hair, skip this step.
3. Divide your hair into two parts and begin winding them around each other from the base of the ponytail, then wrap everything around the elastic. Feel free to get creative!
4. You can adjust the top knot for width and volume here. Use hairpins to secure your knot. Start by pinning the base of the bun to keep it in place, then pin fly-aways or loose ends in place.
5. Finish off with a bit of spray to keep everything in place and you've got your Bun, Hun!
For a messier bun (Like Elizabeth Olsen and Gwen Staffani): Wind the hair in different directions, stopping midway through the ponytail and switching directions. Fold left over pieces of hair over each other and let the hair fall where it may.
For a cleaner bun (Like Kate Bosworth and Kim Kardashian): Wind two sections of the ponytail around each other all the way to the end, then wrap the whole thing neatly around the ponytail holder like a ballerina bun.
Some More Top Knots to Inspire You: